Just Host Web Hosting Help
Protecting the php.ini file from being viewed
To prevent people to viewing your php.ini file via a browser a few lines need to be pasted into the .htaccess file.
- Log in to your Just Host cPanel account.
- Click on File Manager (if prompted, select the checkbox to view hidden files)
- Double-click on the public_html folder to open it
- Right-click on the .htaccess file and then select the "Edit".
- Paste the following code into the bottom of the file and then click save:<Files php.ini> Order allow,deny Deny from all </Files>Now your php.ini file is protected. This change prevents php hackers from finding exploits on your site.
Knowledgebase Article 139,807 views bookmark
sharetags: exploit hide php prevent
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
This article will explain how to run php and other file types using Cron jobs.
Many popular website platforms use PHP for rendering their content. It’s common for these sites to have automatic update tools to ensure that they work with the latest version of PHP, however sometimes a theme or plugin for these services may prevent them from updating or may not work with a newer
Knowledgebase Article 123,556 views tags: deprecation discontinue end php upgrade
How do I increase my file size limit in my PHP application?
Related Help Content
Script executed with a cron job requires a specific php.ini file to be used.
Knowledgebase Article 199,573 views tags: command cron cronjob crontab custom line optimizer php zend
This article will explain how to add a PHP handler to your .htaccess files. This is useful if you want to customize the version of PHP that runs your PHP files.
How can I adjust the php settings specifically for an Addon Domain?
How do I redirect users to another page using PHP?
The hosts file is a plain text file that allows you to set IP Addresses for a domain on your computer. This may override authoritative DNS.
How do I change the PHP environment for my site with php.ini?
Knowledgebase Article 768,040 views tags: configuration ini php server
This article will outline which PHP PEAR Packages are installed and how you can install additional PHP PEAR Packages.
Changing PHP versions, load custom Apache mods, and other Apache/PHP customizations
Knowledgebase Article 136,252 views tags: easyapache php vps whm