Our Linux web servers have the capability to run CGI scripts in your own "cgi-bin" directory. Scripts may be written in Perl, Python and CGI languages.
Using CGI Scripts
Here are some helpful tips to follow when installing scripts:
- Upload to your cgi-bin directory to ensure proper file permission settings.
- All scripts on our server must have permissions set to 755 (rwx-rx-rx). If you need help in changing script permissions, please see our article about setting file and user permissions.
- Upload in ASCII transfer mode (and NOT BINARY mode)
- The first line of each script must read:
a) #!/usr/bin/perl (for Perl)
b) #!/usr/bin/python (for Python)
- Ensure the permissions are set to 755
Recommended Help Content
How to run CGI scripts for Addon domains.
Does your company have any limit about CGI script use?
tags: cgi script
What is CGI?
Related Help Content
I need help with my CGI script?
Do You Have Any Applications Available for Customers to Use?
Understanding the Basics of CGI.
Why am I Getting File Not Found When Executing My CGI?
This article will explain how to connect your scripts to your MySQL databases.
We provide a program which makes it very easy to install third party scripts to your hosting account. If you want your website to have a WordPress blog, you can use MOJO Marketplace to install WordPres
How to create a package on your Reseller account.
This article explains how to add CPU and memory upgrades to a CloudSites account.