Just Host Web Hosting Help
Managing Databases with Applications
There are many applications that can be installed on your computer for managing your databases. Here are some suggested applications you may use for that purpose. These applications are supplied by third parties. Some are free and some require you to purchase a license.
The database management program (application) that you choose depends on what type of database you are connected to. All our web hosting plans offer MySQL.
For MySQL, if you do not want to use a desktop application, you can use phpMyAdmin in cPanel to manage your database, which can be accessed with a web browser.
Download the Application
Download one of these applications:
- MySQL Workbench from Oracle / MySQL (free or commercial)
- EMS SQL Manager for MySQL (free or commercial)
- EMS SQL Management Studio for MySQL (commercial)
- Navicat (MySQL GUI) (commercial)
- urSQL (shareware)
The applications above are designed for managing databases. Some web development software, like Dreamweaver, can also connect to MySQL remotely. Many other applications are available and can be found by using a search engine.
Whitelisting Your IP
To connect remotely, you will need to whitelist your IP address.
- Login to your Just Host Control Panel and click the Remote MySQL icon, under Databases.
- At the top of the page your IP Address and your C class are listed. To whitelist just your IP Address click the "[Add]" text to add your IP address.
- You should now be able to connect remotely.
Recommended Reading: How to connect to the MySQL database
How you connect will depend on which program you pick. The website where you downloaded the applications should have instructions on how to connect and use their application.