Just Host Web Hosting Help
VPS Dedicated Installing SSL
This article will explain how to install an SSL certificate on a Dedicated or VPS server.
Log in to WHM
To set up an SSL certificate, you will need to be able to login into WHM on your server. This requires knowing the root password for your server.
- Log in to the WHM by going to yourdomain.com/whm in a browser. Replace yourdomain.com with your domain.
- Once you get to the login page, enter your username and password.
- Username will be root.
- Password will be the root password for your server.
- If this is your first time logging into the WHM, you may see a page titled Feature Showcase. Click on Exit to WHM at the bottom of the page.
Access the Install SSL tool
Once you are logged into the WHM, you need to use the SSL installer to upload and activate a certificate on the domain. The easiest way to find it is through the WHM search tool.
- In the WHM Search box on the left side, enter Install an SSL Certificate
- Click on the Install an SSL Certificate on a Domain link that appears.
You should now be at the Install an SSL Certificate on a Domain page in the WHM.
Install the SSL
When you purchased the SSL certificate you should have received files for your certificate, key, and Certificate Authority bundle. If you do not have these files, you will need to get them from the company you purchased the certificate from.
- On the Install an SSL Certificate on a Domain page enter the domain your certificate was issued for into the Domain:
- Paste the Certificate, Key, and Certificate Authority Bundle into their respective boxes.
- Click the Install button at the bottom.
The SSL certificate should be installed, and you can begin using it.